In this section, you will learn the essentials for building your credit score.
It starts with learning the basics about credit scores, including the five major categories that make up a credit score, how to build your credit score, how to check your credit score, and how to tell where your credit score falls in the range of excellent to poor credit. And if you’ve ever heard the term “FICO,” here’s your chance to understand exactly what a FICO score is, and why it is so important.
Then discover the ins and outs of credit reports. This section will answer questions like:
- What is a credit report?
- How do I check my credit report?
- How do I read my credit report?
- How do I fix errors on my credit report?
And you might already know that credit cards play a huge role in determining your credit score, so we have included extensive resources that will allow you to manipulate your credit cards (and their balances) so that your score naturally improves. You will learn about consolidating credit card debt, and qualifying for credit cards–regardless of whether you have good or bad credit.
Finally, if you have declared bankruptcy, this is your resource for learning facts and myths about bankruptcy. You will learn some surprising answers to questions like:
- How can I improve my credit score after bankruptcy?
- What is the difference between Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy?
- What are some of my options when it comes to bankruptcy?
- How can I find a good bankruptcy attorney?
- Can I remove a bankruptcy from my credit report?